• Just the facts, ma’am.

2011 - 09.14

My morning routine is always consistent: double espresso, reading the paper on line and listening in on Valley News Today and then The Today Show.

Tuesday morning, I was especially looking forward to a recap of the previous evening’s Presidential debate. Imagine my thrill to learn Congresswoman Bachmann would be doing a live interview!

This should be good, I thought.

It seems she took issue with Governor Perry’s insisting all girls be vaccinated for the HPV virus. I thought Republicans had a sense of entitlement when it comes to women and doctor’s offices, but in this case, Congresswoman Bachmann was incensed that the Governor had the audacity to get involved with women’s health issues.

(I think he should have encouraged the vaccine. Strongly. But executive order? That’s going too far. Then I remembered Republicans are very comfortable telling women what’s best for their reproductive health)

Anyway, the Congresswoman went on to tell the heartbreaking story of a mother whose daughter turned mentally retarded after receiving the vaccine.

Hmmmm, I thought. I’d never heard of that one. Seems odd? That should have been pretty big news.

Well, by the time the 6 p.m. news was on, virtually every medical organization in the United States was denouncing the Congresswoman’s statement.

How many times do I have to tell the good Congresswoman? Just because you say it doesn’t mean it’s true. Just because you tell the simple minded what they want to believe, doesn’t mean someone else isn’t going to verify your statement and go on national tv and reveal you as a liar.

A woman who consistently demonstrates judgment on such a poor level is barely capable of managing her own life. She is not capable of leading the most powerful nation on earth.

Today’s Gay Agenda: Michelle, time to go home and continue to pray the gay away for poor Marcus. He’s starting to look really stressed. I think he’s gonna slip up again.

Tags: , , , , , ,

11 Responses to “Just the facts, ma’am.”

1. Avatar of Barb says:

I never recovered from seeing the his-and -her corndog pictures of the Bachmanns, and now she’s off again… *sigh*

As a mother, especially of a child with special needs, I’ve already been treated to the endless yammering about how I could inject my babies with poison. Thanks to the Congresswoman, I now get to hear double.

There’s an endless supply of people who believe they’re qualified to tell others what’s best for them and their families.

For what it’s worth, based on your remarks the past year or so, I think your child with special needs ended up in a pretty good home. I think any other kids did, too.

3. Avatar of Barb says:

My babies are 20 and 26. My daughter (26) now admits I know things and all, so I feel like I won. With my son, I just was awarded our classy family’s brand of Mother of the Year. We were trying to find a parking spot in our complex, and some jerk was blocking the back driveway, ramp and door with a big U-HAul. I waited a minute, then tried to make eye contact again. I shrugged and gestured in that universal “Hey, s’cuse me….” shrug.

He shrugged right back at me with a sneer, then turned his back.

As I turned to back the van up and turn around, I noticed my son working determinedly to try to get his middle finger to extend properly, despite his CP.

*sniffle* I was SO proud!

/unrelated anecdote

4. Stephan says:

Bingo!

What they say: Republicans believe in “small government”.

Reality: “Then I remembered Republicans are very comfortable telling women what’s best for their reproductive health.”

Reality: “Just because you tell the simple minded what they want to believe, doesn’t mean someone else isn’t going to verify your statement and go on national tv and reveal you as a liar.”

5. AJ says:

Just want you to know – you are by far my favorite blogger. This made me smile :)

6. Your morning routine sounds a lot like mine……coffee (not espresso) and read the FORUM and other national news sites on line. (but I do not listen to the radio or turn on the tv) Other than that….I am up to the same things. Also reading certain blogs on Areavoices.
      Enjoy the cool day and have some more doubles (espressos)

7. Barbara says:

Is it possible that Ms. Bachmann was ‘just joking’ about the side effect of the HPV vaccination, the way she was about the earthquake and hurricane? And can we look forward to a Letterman’s top ten Bachmann flubs? Or maybe he’s already done that and it’s time for the second ten?

8. Avatar of Barb says:

I think they’ll have to invent more numbers to keep track of her stupidity.

9. Avatar of Ms. C Ms. C says:

Good to know that my disdain for this woman is shared by others whose opinions I value.

That statement reminds me of the vaccinations and autism statement that caused unwarranted fear of vaccinations. There should be a law for inciting fear to the extent that it causes a massive uproar where folks get hurt. Oh wait, there is. You can’t scream, “FIRE” without cause in a crowded theater without getting in trouble…the same should apply to making irresponsible statements about vaccinations that can help save lives.

How do these folks ever ascend to the level they do? It makes me worry for the world’s well-being. :-(