• Oh, that’s why . . . .

2012 - 07.01

Gosh, it’s hard to believe I’ve been snarking on The Gay Agenda for nearly two years now.

No wonder I’ve been suffering a dry-spell coming up with content. I thought maybe, just maybe things had changed so much that my pushing the issue wasn’t so much necessary any longer.

And that may be the case.

But probably not . . .

Recently a commentator has been sharing some pretty relevant scripture references as to why gay people who have a physical relationship with other gay people will spend eternity in hell.

He’s nailed it (kinda mostly) every time.

Which got me to thinking about the path I wandered in my journey from preteen boy wondering why I found girls super hot, yet had this weird and misunderstood attraction to guys.

Today’s Gay Agenda: Stay tuned for a quick recap of how Brad went from doofus preteen to ultra-fab homo living the dream.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

10 Responses to “Oh, that’s why . . . .”

1. A quick question. First off, I am a nurse, so although 90% of my coworkers are women, a large number of my male coworkers are openly gay. My #2 son is also gay.

Even though I am more than sympathetic to most “gay” causes (it is not like I do not get enough exposure), I am ambivalent at best when it comes to the label “hate crimes,” not just as it pertains to GLTBQ community, but any community.

Why is it a hate crime when someone wing nut hits you over the head with a bat because you are gay, and it is not when that same wing nut hits me over the head with a bat simply because I am the next person out of the Circle K door?

Enlightenment welcome.

Paul, that’s a tough one. Wish I had a theory or better yet an answer.

Generally speaking, I like hate crimes because it adds an element of revenge against the wing nut who thought it made him a bigger man to beat up a homo or a minority.

3. Ric says:

Sentence enhancements are a tricky issue, especially as the notion goes when you are penalizing someone for what they think. That having been said, we do not treat all crimes equally. In California if the wingnut is hitting you over the head for the third time they get a much harsher sentence than the second time (and this seems to make sense to us). Think about different crimes and their motivations and ask whether it makes sense to treat them differently. Implicitly I think we all agree that not all crimes are the same and motivation does in fact matter. Some people like the idea of codifying some of these notions (3 strikes and your out, selling illegal drugs within a short distance to a school is extraa bad, etc.). Some have tried to make the argument that enhancements can deter future crime. See, for example, http://www.nber.org/papers/w6484 .

So the question comes down to this, is there a deterrent value to adding enhancers in this case, and is that in the public interest to deter this type of crime. Paul, if some people targeted male nurses for attacks would it be prudent for society to try and deter these crimes??

4. Henry says:

“And why I’m pretty sure that not only will guys like me be at Heaven’s Head Table, we’ll be the ones God asks to help make sure everything’s just right.”

Of course, it will all be about you. At judgement day, we are told there will be some surprises. Maybe you are right. Maybe not. Pay attention to the will of your Father.

Matthew 7:21“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ 23Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

Henry, this is a GREAT example of what I’ve been talking about:

Here’s someone standing at Heaven’s Gate saying “But . . . I thought I did exactly what you wanted! I prophesied and drove out demons and even did some miracles! Why can’t I get in to Heaven?

And then, with apparently no explanation Jesus tells them to hit the road. To Hell.

But how come? Weren’t they sincere enough? Did they miss saying a certain phrase while driving out demons? Did they disregard the admonitions of someone who knew better what the Bible REALLY said?

It appears here is someone who tried to do everything they thought God wanted, plus there’s no mention of any sex with anyone; yet they were sent to eternal fire.

Really?

• Henry says:

Trying to help, Mac. You seem to be on the right track (a Christian). Again, what is important here is the will of the Father. I would be a little cautious on you relying on your good intentions to ignore portions of the NT law. Just saying.

The way you see these verses undoubtedly will happen. You will have the super-religious self-righteous person who thinks they have obeyed all the Law, but have overlooked the basic command of “love thy neighbor”. They will be surprised.

However, hanging your hat on this application of verse to only them and not applying it to yourself in self-examination is an error.

I commend you for your good heart. I would suggest you pray and consider obedience to the NT Law. I’ll make you a deal. If you do that, I’ll work on the antithesis of praying for a good heart for myself. Let’s make this about our Father and His will, not about us. Have a blessed 4th.

5. Barney says:

My question is: Why do I see so many gays intent on publicly proclaiming/defending their sexual attraction to others of the same gender? I don’t see heteros doing the same. (No judgement intended. Just a question.)

Can’t speak for all homos but I think it has something to do with the fact much of society used to make them ashamed of who they are and there’s a sense of liberation acknowleging their reality (?)

I’ve been writing this for two reasons: 1. so young men and women can know they can have a nice life even if they’re gay and 2. so parents can know things will turn out okay for their kid.

Sometimes it’s also kind of fun.

• Barbara says:

Mac–Your writing in this forum is liberating and great fun for all of us who have great appreciation and affection for the gay people in our lives. Thank you!