• They Say the Strangest Things

2013 - 03.12

Republican Rep. Glenn Gruenhagen of Glencoe rose Monday on the House floor to introduce a friend whom he said was “active in the gay lifestyle for 10 years” before leaving it to marry a woman and start a family. The aside came during a routine announcement period.

Rep. Glenn Gruenhagen

There are so many troubling things about this statement it’s hard to know where to begin. So, in no particular order . . .

• How low does your self esteem need to be to allow yourself to be a poster-boy for ex-gay success?
    • Do you have no self respect? Who would stand before this crowd and say “I slept with men for 10 years, but decided to be straight and marry a woman and start a family”?
    • Clearly the wife has some self esteem issues. I cannot imagine any woman I’ve ever met being thrilled her husband is publicly discussing his previous sexual conquests.
    • And of course, the tried and true anti-gay marriage mantra: “What about the children?” Is there a trust fund set up to cover the future therapy bills of the kids born to this crazy union? Kids cringe at the thought of parental sex. What adolescent boy wants to hear about how his dad used to have sex with guys?
    • Along with that Shakespearean quote: “He dost protest too much, me thinks.” In my opinion, the only people gayer than those who rail on with their anti-gay rants are former gays who are abusing some woman to pretend they’re not gay. At best, this man is bi-sexual.  (I use the term abuse because I believe everyone deserves to share life with someone who adores them and the ground they walk upon. I think no one deserves to live life as a sexual prop to convince the world the other person isn’t gay.)

Why am I not going off on the good Representative? It’s a lost cause.  The ONLY thing I have to say to anyone who is working to prevent Ricky and I from being married is:

Today’s Gay Agenda: If you only click on one link from TGA, make it this one:  We’ll marry your girlfriends.

Tags: , , , ,

8 Responses to “They Say the Strangest Things”

1. opinionated says:

Unbelievable even for such a prejudicial individual such as yourself. So, now you even poke at someone who is on the proverbial fence between lifestyles that include your queer fetish? I thought you reserved that retaliation for straight people only, hmmm. So what, if they’re not 100% queer all the time they’re not good enough for you? If someone switched the other direction, straight to not straight, you wouldn’t have blinked, probably even bought them a drink. But switch back to straight and you treat them like they committed a crime? Well squirrel at least you never cease to amaze me.

• Rainbird says:

Maybe you need to do a re-read. I think what he is saying is there is no “switching” the guy is a bi-sexual. I think what irritates everyone with a functioning brain is this guy is lying to everyone about what he is. People are what they are. At no point in my life did I decide I was straight. At no point in Mac’s life did he decide he was gay. …He might have hidden it. But what he was, he was since birth.

Thanks Rainbird. I kind of feel sorry for this guy, and I REALLY feel sorry for the poor woman he’s using. And the fact he’s allowing his family to be exploited by this idiot Representative is really a shame.

3. opinionated says:

You’re grasping at straws “L’s”. The queer finally straightened himself out on his own, or was cured in therapy, whichever, and is now resembling a normal human being with an acceptable lifestyle. Perhaps it was just that he couldn’t bear hanging with that crowd any longer, guess we’ll never know which reason was most prevalent but at least he’s healing.

• Rainbird says:

Hahahahaha! Yeah, cured. Heh.

• Rainbird says:

I ran across something on Facebook tonight. Maybe it is old to everyone else, but it was the first time I had read it. A quote attributed to Morgan Freeman. “I hate the word homophobia. Its not a phobia. You are not scared. You are an asshole.” :-) I felt like I had to post it somewhere, this just seemed like the best spot.

4. Avatar of Jon Lindgren Jon Lindgren says:

It is well documented, many of those gays who claimed to be “cured” eventually gave in to their naural gay orientation. Interesting the politican did not run out one of those folks.

• Rainbird says:

I think you are living in too black and white of a world. You need to think more in shades of gray. …which is currently an unfortunate book reference. So, don’t think of it that way. I am not talking about the book. I am talking about the fact that there are people who are 100% straight. There are people who are 100% gay. But there are a lot of other people in that area in between.